Lloyd's Gigantic Day of Fun

Lloyd’s Gigantic Day of Fun

May 17, 2009

Gadget

Well, we went looking at computer monitors at Nebraska Furniture Mart. I never thought that Lloyd could out-Mart me. I went looking at all their cool stuff while he stood in a trance in front of a bank of monitors, looking stoic. Apparently he has been thinking about this decision for quite a while, and had his choices narrowed down to six. NFM had three of those choices, so it took him two and a half hours to scrutinize their features: number of ports / does it have t.v. or not / resolution / blah blah blah blah blah. (I saw some cool toasters! Thanks for asking.)

When I’d check in on him every fifteen minutes to make sure he was breathing, he’s say, “Look at these. Which one looks better to you?”

Me: “That one. It’s red.”

Lloyd: “No. The picture on the screen.”

Me: “The pictures look identical. Get the red one.”

Lloyd: “What do you think about the dot pitch resolution?”

Me: “Ooo! Is that a toaster?”

We took a lunch break at the Burger King inside NFM, and I just have to say that it is genius for large furniture stores to take care of all your physical needs so you never have to leave. We could eat, pee and shower there. Genius.

Anyway, after lunch Lloyd asked, “Is there a clearance section here?” By that time I had already visited it three times, so I took him back there where we found a GIANT monitor that Lloyd had never added to his Original Six lineup because of it’s prohibitive price. It was marked down 65%, so he chose that one. Good thing he stared at those others for so long, right?

It is larger than our television.

Y’know, looking back on the day, I don’t think that I was supposed to shower there.

, ,

27 Responses to “Lloyd’s Gigantic Day of Fun”

Heh. I didn’t know what you meant by boards. Now I see.

Are you keeping the old monitor like it is in the picture?

2. Lloyd Said on:

I can’t believe Lauren was okay with buying this. It is a monstrosity. But it was slightly over 65% off, and my mom makes me buy anything that is over 50% off (two of them if they are over 75% off).

I see this as an opportunity to buy anything in the future without fear of reproach. Or, to really screw up something without fear of ridicule. I’ll play the ‘giant monitor’ card.

Can we have your old monitor?

I’ll find something else to hold your kleenexes down. 😀

4. Deborah Said on:

“I wasn’t supposed to shower there.” HA!

• Peggy Said on:

Ditto! I laughed out loud at that!

Hey Lloyd--maybe a pair of glasses would have done the trick for a lot less????

It’s not the size of the thing (although it is quite impressive). It’s the resolution. Most monitors only go up to 10. That’s where they top out. This monitor goes to 11.

Oh, and the resolution. My old monitor’s resolution was 1280x1024 the new one is 2560x1600. It displays 3 times as much. If they made a smaller monitor with that kind of resolution I would have gotten that instead.

• CousinSam Said on:

What kind is it, you putz?

I didn’t want to say, because it has the word Gateway in it, but it’s built by Samsung (which has the word Sam in it). It’s an XHD3000

• Cousin Sam Said on:

Looks nice. Have you run a game at max resolution? Is there a game or anything that does that resolution? Because I don’t talk to you- We had a “talent show” at school (not a home) and I had all the Sami and Sams come up and we did a dramatic reading of Green Eggs and Ham. It was awesome. I snuck a message into the morning announcements thanking the Sams and praising Mr. Sommerer as the best. Are you going to Heit’s Point?

No, I don’t think anything actually does that resolution, but I was really after more screen space for multiple windows.

You can’t go wrong with dramatic readings.

We’re staying with your wife at Heit’s Point.

It’s dot pitch looks superb.

There was a big furniture store in TX that had an AMAZING playroom. The kids were always so pumped to visit there, and they didn’t want to leave.

6. Lauren's dad Said on:

So, is there a 24″ iMac in your future, Lauren?

7. flash from the past Said on:

Did you buy another XHD ????

8. flash from the past Said on:

OOP’s MY bad
    I just noticed the date of the post !!
    question answered

9. Mark Said on:

Hey, everybody, it’s JOHN HARLAN!!! Dude doesn’t even have the stones to put his own name up. Weasel.

10. Mark Said on:

No, make that “criminal.”

11. flash from the past Said on:

HEY MARK
    I am not him. !!
    I do wish that other post had not disappeared !!
    I asked why, but didn’t get a reply from LorL
    Cease and desist order ??
    have to post on hardforum now !!

12. Mark Said on:

Then be brave and post your real name. It’s a bit hard to believe when someone in Sylvania, Ohio (John’s business city) is hitting all the right links, which are now down.

By the way, John now does business as LCDREPAIRWAREHOUSE on EBay.

Sis, if you’re under a cease and desist order, then pull my comments.

• flash from the past Said on:

Don’t know where you are getting your ideas that I am from sylvania from ?? OR TOLEDO
      I am not in OHIO !!
      And is SIS means you are related, ask LorL , they will know who I am !!
      PS other name of his is lcdrepairWORLD !! LOL!!
      He is probably hitting all the links to see what’s being said now days.
      I hit a bunch trying to find the old post.

• flash from the past Said on:

I see you are Laurens brother !! (the protector !! Good !!)
      I found your name in a B-day post !
      FYI: I was chatting with them about the monitor well before the Shame on you post ever showed up

13. Mark Said on:

I spoke with my sis. She’ll be contacting you.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Shame on you, John Harlan – Part 1 (of 5!) | LloydAndLauren.com - January 24, 2011

[…] might recall the really nice monitor I got about a year and a half ago. You might also remember it dying about a year ago. You probably […]