Snacks

Snacks

I’ve been a bit busy lately, so here’s a cop-out interactive post.

What’s (one of) the weirdest things you used to eat/snack on as a kid?

I used to swipe my finger along the top of the butter stick. Mmmmm…… butter……

19 Responses to “Snacks”

1. Mark Said on:

Once, as a young kid, I discovered that a big jar contained orange-flavored chewable vitamin C tablets. I think I snuck 1/3 of those pills out a few at a time and ate ’em.

Dogfood.

No, not really. I just couldn’t think of anything wierd. I used to eat big hunks of cheese -- still do!

3. Lloyd Said on:

Once, when I was little, I got a whole head of lettuce out of the refrigerator and just ate the whole thing. Mom asked where the Lettuce was and I told her I ate it.

• Peggy Said on:

Health freak.

(but really…HA…did you eat it like a salad…torn up in a bowl… or just hold it and eat it like a giant apple?)

I LOVED Braunschweiger as a kid. Now… not so much.

• Peggy Said on:

HA…believe it or not, I ate that as a kid too…I don’t know if I like it anymore, I haven’t eaten it since I was a kid. But it looks gross.

But the weirdest thing I ate as a kid was Kipper Snacks. It had this cool key that you rolled across the top to open them.

I liked to eat dry oatmeal out of a dixie cup. And pretend I was a horse.

(Also. I did the butter thing. And now Tara does the butter thing.)

My whole family liked to snack on raw cookie dough. If cookie dough was made but not baked, it was gone by the next day. Sometimes, if Krista and I were home alone, we’d make a batch of cookie dough and chow down. 🙂

7. Rae Said on:

I used to love American cheese, ketchup, and sweet pickle sandwiches. A bit weird, yes.

I don’t think this is weird, but when I was about 6, I got a whole package of Oreo cookies & scraped the middles out into a bowl & threw the cookie part in the trash…I thought, ‘Man I’m a genius.’ I remember I was on the last few cookies when my mother walked in. I got is alot of trouble…but I never did understand why.

9. Annette Said on:

Mustard sandwich. Two slices of white bread with a thick layer of yellow, mustardy goodness in the middle.

Wasn’t sure what to make for dinner tonight…thanks for the suggestion filled replies!

10. Michele Said on:

Too funny! We rented the movie “The Women” the other night and there is a funny scene where Meg Ryan is upset and looking for ice cream. When she can’t find it, she takes out a stick of butter, a can of cocoa and a sugar bowl. She picks up the butter, dips it in each of the other two and takes a big bite … all the while ranting about her stupid husband.

11. Lauren's mom Said on:

Aspergum! Can’t find it anymore. It had an orange coating that tastes like Tang, -- which hadn’t yet been invented. It was children’s aspirin, -- but tasted like gum to me. 🙂

12. Deborah Said on:

I would ask my mom to make disgusting sandwiches for me (peanut butter, pickle, mustard, etc.). As my mom was following my instructions, she would be saying, “You know you have to eat this.” I would reply that it was just the thing I was wanting. After taking one bite of my creation, I would not want to eat anymore because it was disgusting. My mom would make me eat it anyway. I would eventually choke it down, only because the tears of my tantrum gave enough salt to the sandwich that all I could taste was salt.

I remember this happening more than once.

13. Rachel Said on:

peanut butter and honey sandwiches. the honey to peanut butter ratio was very crucial, enough honey to make it shiny but not so much that it dripped out the side.