Pick your potion

Pick your potion

August 18, 2009

They can't all be winners.

Weigh in – Chapstick, lipstick, Blistex, other, nothing.

Me, Chapstick. Chap-free lips since 1994.

18 Responses to “Pick your potion”

1. Amy Said on:

I now prefer Nivea, it goes on so smoothly… I found it in peru, and have since bought 3 more sticks… because I keep losing them (I found 3 out of four now!!)

Amy

2. ratty Said on:

dr. pepper lip smackers by bonne bell 🙂
    since junior high.
    i am SO afraid they’re going to stop making it that i can’t keep myself from buying 2, 3, 5 at a time… sigh.
    geeez, i’m 50. i REALLY need some grown-up lipstick…

• Amy Said on:

Haha that’s awesome. I have a stick of that myself. I really like how it smells, but I can’t get past some part of it. : )

I was that way with my Doc Martins boots. I couldn’t find them anywhere for a bit, so I bought 3 pair online. That was a significant investment in footware.

But you can’t apply boots to your lips. Did you even read my post?

I was going to say that I like to kiss people who have already applied some sort of lip tonic; it’s cheaper that way, but I was waiting, because I didn’t want to make two comments in a row*.

*Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

• Gretchen Said on:

Did you know that Bonne Bell is a real person? I taught her Granddaughter (6th grade) when I lived in Cleveland. She gave everyone lip smackers for every holiday.

Blistex Complete Moisture. It’s lemony-rific!

Mary Kay lipliner (neutral) and lipstick (raisinberry and pink shimmer). All day. Every day. It’s ALWAYS with me.

And at night Blistex. Or Chapstick. I’m not loyal.

mostly lipstick. But when they’re chapped, chapstick. I have a stick everywhere

All of them. Lipstick & various ‘lip conditioners’. Not at the same time. I’m not loyal to any one brand. There are some I really like & others I’ll never buy again. I love trying new stuff. LOVE. My most recent is a tube of cocoa butter. Smoooooth!!

7. Rae Said on:

DCT by Blistex. (Daily Conditioning Treatment) It comes in a little jar like Carmex, but doesn’t have that disgusting smell. Another one I like is Neutrogina’s stick -- but you have to look a bit harder for it.

8. Marisa Said on:

I’m a big fan of the lip balms from health food stores, particularly the Kiss my Face and Terra Tints. I typically have 4-5 different lip unguents within an arms reach of my person. It’s a sickness (but my lips are always smooth and chap-free).

9. Jill J. Said on:

Burt’s Bee or some organic stuff I bought in Idaho. I always have some in my pocket, next to my bed, in a cubby in my car, and in my purse. It’s an addiction I tell you!

10. Michele Said on:

After I applied lip balm this morning while sitting at one of our meetings, Brad told me I should check out your post today.
    I absolutely love True Blue Spa. I get it at Bath & Body Works. It has SPF45 and it has a citrus smell. (Brad took a whiff and also thought it smelled nice.) It goes on wonderfully smooth.