Jeansday

Lauren

Monday – pants day
Tuesday- pants day
Wednesday – pants day
Thursday – pants day
Friday – jeans day!!!!!!

We get to wear jeans at work on Friday, and honestly, the above words are how I count off my week. “Two more days until jeans day.” It’s a small light at the end of a sometimes-dark tunnel.

Ah….. jeans day is divine – even if the brand I wear is rumored to have problems. I told Lloyd I was sorry that he didn’t get to have jeans day and he told me *gasp* he doesn’t think jeans are as comfortable as dress pants!!

Perhaps I should stop lining his jeans with fire ants.

10 Responses to “Jeansday”

It’s funny you wrote about Lloyd’s comment. I was thinking the exact same thing. I have recently considered getting some casual pants that aren’t jeans.

My issue with jeans is BHS: Bent Hair Syndrome. The longer I wear jeans during a particular day, the more my leg hairs get bent the wrong way. My follicles can actually start to hurt. That rarely ever happens with dress pants. They’re soft and pliable.

2. Brady G. Said on:

I would much rather wear a pair of chinos than a pair of jeans. My problem is that I only have enough chinos for work, so if I wear them outside of work, then their lifespan is shortened, thus I have to force myself to wear jeans (which the wife likes, but I could care less about).

3. Lloyd Said on:

We don’t actually have a dress code for teachers, so I could wear jeans. I just choose not to.

On a completely unrelated note, a number of our high school students are doing “No Shave November”. Does anyone know if this is a local phenomena or a national movement?

I have a love-hate relationship with jeans. But I do long to wear them to work on occasion, just because I can wear any top with them, so it doesn’t take much effort to get dressed.

Since I’ve been unemployed & since I recently have 4 stitches on the outside of my thigh, I prefer not to wear any pants at all. So I don’t…unless I have somewhere to go.

Mon -- no pants day
    Tues -- no pants day
    Wed -- no pants day
    Thurs -- no pants day
    Fri -- pants day (aka Dunkin’ Donuts day with a friend)

6. Marisa Said on:

I love, love, love jeans. Sadly, my job has a no-jeans-ever policy (which is crazy since I sit in a window-less cubicle, write blog posts and play with Facebook [yes, for my job] most of the day).