This seems reasonable.

This seems reasonable.

November 28, 2009

Eco-Freaky

I am astonished that I, Eco Girl, have such a bad glass and cup habit. Seriously, on a weekend I use at least two cups a day and three or more glasses. That is ridiculous. We’ve been home for three days this holiday weekend and I’ve run at least three loads of dishes. Brad had it right – rinse and re-use.

Today I tried an experiment, and labeled my cup and glass with tape. You can see how the ‘y’ is partially marked on the cup in permanent marker, so that was a really, really good plan.

Sigh. It had to be permanent.

So, will it be possible for me to do this without the help of tape tomorrow? Do other people use new cups for new drinks, or are you better about reusing?

11 Responses to “This seems reasonable.”

I use the same glass for a week at a time. In my case, it’s not eco-friendliness, it’s laziness.

Good luck with that permanent marker.

2. CousinSam Said on:

Dry Erase Marker takes off “permanent” marker. The low odor aren’t as good as regular.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser also takes of permanent marker. When I found out, I was writing on all sorts of things with a sharpie at work to try it out. That was a fun day. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have good news & bad news:

Good: I (my family) use a different cup with each new drink.

Bad: Because there aren’t enough cups in the world for this, especially when the kids have friends over…I keep a stack of paper cups on my counter next to my frig. Sorry Lauren…can you figive me? It’s the only way I can survive.

I see that Lloyd is catching up on his sleep.

6. Amy Said on:

I reuse water glasses several times, or just use a water bottle (I have a fancy stainless one now)… mugs I rinse out, because I mostly drink tea ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Keren Lowell Said on:

I, and my children like me, will unwittingly use every single freakin’ glass in the house by the end of the day.

8. Jessica Said on:

I’m right there with ya! Dan and I use every glass in the house, constantly. With me, it’s because I am a germophobe. I don’t know what Dan’s excuse is. When the older kids are here, it’s even worse. With them, it’s laziness and a desire to make me crazy (by breaking my glasses).