Thoughts on shade

Thoughts on shade

Bleh. It’s hot now, so solar-evading tactics are needed when going out. Double bleh.

If I have to drive somewhere, finding a shady spot trumps everything. I will park in the farthest spot from the door if it guarantees that the car won’t be an oven when I get in again.

Along those lines, I would like to shake the hand of every shopping center designer who put trees into their plan. More trees, I say!!

18 Responses to “Thoughts on shade”

I have a few rules:

If it’s a grocery store, I park near a cart corral, unless I know I’m only getting one or two things.

If it’s a store that has dedicated entrance and exit doors and there is a large distance between them, I park near the exit.

If the parking lot has one way lanes, I’ll park in a lane that points toward the exit.

Shade does not trump these rules, but if I can follow a rule AND get shade, I will.

2. Gretchen Said on:

is that a Raising Cane’s restaurant in the background?? In Lincoln?? How did they skip over Arkansas and get all the way up to Nebraska? (They started in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.)

• Jill Said on:

Yes, it is. And we’re getting a second location this year, too! It’s deee-lish…not to rub Cane’s sauce in the wound or anything. Sorry.

My only rule for parking is too get as close as possible (unless it’s a grocery store, then I park near the cart thing too).

In trying to get that close spot, I’ve been accused of being lazy. And although I may be lazy, the reason I think people like to get that close spot is because it’s like winning something. You got it! Whenever I nab a spot right up front I even say ‘Muaahhhh’.

4. Curt Said on:

I try to park in the shade whenever I can. Here at work, parking spots under trees come at a premium. You have to get here real early to park under the ash trees (I think they are ash). The other trees drop a lot of sap and don’t give as much shade. Most of the time I have to settle for them. 🙁

By how many degrees of heat do you reduce your car temperature? Just curious.

6. Lloyd Said on:

I’m more of a, “I’ll just leave my windows rolled down,” sort of parker. But following the whole heart failure incident, will occasionally intentionally park farther away from the door in what Lauren calls, “Heart Healthy Parking.”

7. Curt Said on:

According to the HHDIGICITS (How Hot Does It Get Inside a Car In The Summer), the inside of a car can reach up to 200 degrees in Phoenix on a hot day, which ends up being 80% of the year.