Best. word. ever.

Best. word. ever.

November 18, 2010

Uncategorized

(Note: Before you read this, you’ll need to know that I keep a piece of card stock in my back pocket all day to write down things I need to do and stuff I want to remember.)

One of the preschoolers was looking at a book with animals, and had a question.

Bailey: “Mrs. Sommerer, is this a crocodocle?”

Me: “……..Bailey, go get me a pen.”

The cuteness. I die from it. I also never correct a child who says ‘lallow’ instead of ‘yellow’.

I used to say ‘kinitial’ as a kid instead of initial.

You? Any cute goofs?

27 Responses to “Best. word. ever.”

1. Charles Said on:

That’s a goodie. Macy would say “hink” instead of “think” (i.e. “I hink it’s somere.” -- I think it’s somewhere.)

2. Charles Said on:

You know what I’m in the mood for?… a bacon mat sandwich! (… with a Shiner Bock chaser!)(… all while playing a game of “Settlers”)

Sometimes Max says: “meow” instead of “food”. Unlike you, I try to correct him.

4. Lloyd Said on:

I used to say geels instead of girls, but I seem to be doing better this week.

• Peggy Said on:

I couldn’t say girls either….I had a hard time with the ‘r’. I guess all ‘r’s’. My mom used to have me practice my ‘r’s’ by saying the word girls. I remember I used to try & sneak up on it by saying real fast ‘Hey you gools’.

I also used to say phant-de-phant. (elephant)

5. Gretchen Said on:

Andrew was fond of the word “connext” -- a combination of next and connect. As in, “Our neighbor’s yard is connext to ours.”

Joanna used to say “hiccup-otamus.”

She also was quite sure that the word upside-down was pronounced “ups-pide down.”

7. Deborah Said on:

Bethany could never say “pill”. She would say “pillow” instead.

Anna gushes over little animals and says that they’re “so soot!” instead of so cute.

Zeke just says uh-oh and oh-no about everything.

9. Rev. Todd Peperkorn Said on:

Our youngest repeatedly says “calapitter” instead of caterpillar.

I called a yellow fly swatter “lello fly flatter” as a child. And so I still do as an adult.

Also I called the air conditioner an “in-chee-din-cher”.

Tara used to call Strawberry Shortcake “Strawberry Cortcakes”.

Everything Tim says is cute. He can hardly help it.

11. christina Said on:

I used to say molk instead of milk. I don’t recall the kids ever having one particular word they said funny….Brittney still puts extra letters in words when she says them….

12. Rae Said on:

We still use Anna’s word. Hanguber instead of hamburger. Let’s face it, it is much easier to say, no matter who you are.

My son Joe used to say while driving in the car: 88 miles pa nour!

Matt used to say blue geels (blue gills), and banamanamanamana.

14. Lauren's dad Said on:

Learning to read on her own, at 5 years, Lauren’s sister, Keren, asked: “Mom, what are pedestrains?” I still call pedestrians “pedestrains.”

15. Lauren Said on:

You guys are killing me with adorableness! I gotta go lie down…….

16. Keren Lowell Said on:

When Whitney was little, she would say ‘stew meat’ instead of ‘excuse me’ after she sneezed.