Most of my work projects are pretty boring to post about, but here’s one that was worth a photo. The shed on our playground has been a tan color that is a fine neutral, but I’m excited for spring to come and wanted to green things up quickly.
Getting the paint was the holdback on this project. Everytime I was in Lincoln I’d forget to go to a home store and check the colors. Eventually I did, but wanted to ask my coworkers about the color. I kept forgetting to ask them, so one night I just went to Wal*Mart and bought a gallon.
That was not a great idea.
This color looks much lighter than I wanted, yet it looked right on the sample. In the shade it looks right, but I’ll have to get used to it. (I got a discount on it because they ran out of pigment when mixing it up, so it’s kind of a one-gallon experience with no do-overs.) Maybe tomorrow I’ll work on the trim.
Oh, Lloyd wants me to share with you, as I shared with him, that I saw Elmo out by the trash can yesterday so he’s ok – the robin didn’t get him. (yet)