20131030-201800.jpg

Happy Halloween!

October 30, 2013

Uncategorized

Let’s just get this day over with, ok? Oh……. the noise…… the noise. My ears cannot survive the noise.

We are being rather low-key about H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n, but it doesn’t matter. They’re all telling me about their costumes and then loudly explaining, in great detail, how this whole process is going to work. “See, you go to houses and they give you CANDY. I’m going to get so much candy! And I’m going to be Flor!”

“Who?”

Flor.”

“Is that from a show?”

“Yeah. Flor is a Venger.”

“Oh….. Thor.”

“Yeah, Flor.”

*sigh*

20131030-211019.jpg
That little witch? That’s me circa 1975. No actual powers, dang it. The banner picture shows just older siblings. Ahhhhh….. Halloween as a child is the best. I bet I drove my teachers nuts with noise, too.

*sigh* Payback’s a witch.

7 Responses to “Happy Halloween!”

1. Gretchen Said on:

Last year we didn’t “do” Halloween because my younger kid had what I thought was the stomach flu (but was actually appendicitis.) That was kind of nice…not the emergency appendectomy part, just the no trunk-or-treating part. (Germans don’t do Halloween, but they’re catching on.)

Your pictures are so fun!

I was a witch when I was in 2nd grade. I remember it was really cold & my mom had me so overloaded in clothes under my costume (I think I even had on snow pants) that I had a really hard time getting up all the steps to each house.

I hope you have a surprisingly quiet day. Maybe next year you could tell them they all have to dress up as Harpo Marx.

3. CousinRachel Said on:

Ah.. the memories of Halloweens past. I miss all the simple costumes of years gone by: witches, ghosts, hobo; now everything seems more complicated and elaborate. It is definitely a holiday for the kids. Thanks, Lauren, for helping G with his costume -- you made this year a little (a whole lot) let stressful for me. I will see you tonight when my munchkins make their rounds. And don’t kid yourself -- we’ll be stopping at your house several times. 🙂

Those hard plastic masks! I had a Casper the Friendly Ghost one I think. But mostly we just got stuff from the costume box in the attic. Our parents went to a lot of costume parties before we were born.

5. Lauren's mom Said on:

Phil doesn’t look too happy about being a clown. (But he is one!)

6. Ribs Susiaho Said on:

Hey Lauren -- wanted to tell you that I replicated Lloyd’s RTA costume from a couple of years ago for my husband to wear to work. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sadly he didn’t win the prize, which went to someone who greened-up as The Hulk. Totally unimaginative, but there you go (says she who stole someone else’s idea).