Last week I noticed that the cushion on the stool where I live is pretty disgusting-looking. It has served me well for seven years, and the seat has seen hours of Internet viewing and countless meals. (I am a sloth who eats every meal here.)
So, I ripped off all the fabric and foam, and then realized I didn’t have any of the stuff to fix it. So…. for a week I had to use my computer like it was a standing desk. While that’s much healthier, it is certainly more awful.
Today (Saturday) was an incredibly productive day. I found some fabric that was intended to cover the dining room chairs (a project months in the works, heavily delayed) and cut apart a mattress pad for the foam.
I got the stool recovered, did three loads of laundry, started sorting papers for taxes, and washed some windows. Of course, it was all done in a very ADD way – five minutes on each project before moving to the next one, with many, many breaks for ice cream-eating and cat petting.
It’s done, though! Woo- hoo!