Do-overs.

September 8, 2007

Lauren, Prototype

Out, out, badly spaced words!

The more I looked at it, the more disappointed I was with the spacing, and also with one line. So, miracles of miracles, I’m doing it over. That never happens. I’m a prototype person – make it once and move on. (My family uses the saying, “It’s good enough for who it’s for.”) But I saved the stencils, and since cutting them out was what took most of the time, it will be an easy fix. Sorry, everyone.

It’s an Ode to the Lazy Hermits. I’m changing one line:

• Some food, some drink, some time to think.
  • A chair, a book, and time to look.
  • A cat, a lap, and time to nap.*
  • We find we don’t need lots of stuff.
  • We’re rich in time – and that’s enough.

* This was originally ‘ cat to pet, we surf the net’.

I’m still working on one more line, so we’ll see how it goes. Whenever I have to cover for Annette at the center and adjust schedules for people, I ask them, “What’s more important to you – time or money? Would you rather stay and earn the money or go home and enjoy the time?” I crave my ‘doing nothing’ time like nobody’s business. I’d rather have an afternoon of watching t.v. and puttering around the house than going anywhere, doing anything, or having anything. Yes, I’m that lazy.

So, what’s your pleasure? Time or treasure?

8 Responses to “Do-overs.”

I like it. Good job, Old Bean.

As to your question: I like time. Unless I get bored. Then I go buy something.

2. Stephannie Said on:

Crazy lady! I really can’t believe you’re doing this over!!! Now I’m anxiously awaiting the final product…

3. Lloyd Said on:

Naturally, my suggested lines, most of which had to do with migratory waterfowl, were dismissed out of hand.

I would say treasure, but I’ve never really had it, so I bet if I had it, I would say time. But then I look at my life, and I think what I do reflects that I would pick time. Hmmm, maybe I need some therapy to work out this conflict.

At this point in my life it’s time, without a doubt. But what would be best, would be to have all the time in the world, and be independently wealthy. 😀

6. Lauren Said on:

Oh, yeah, without a doubt you have to have some money to pay for your time. That’s the rub. And don’t anybody thing that I snub stuff -- remember, I’m the gadget geek. (Although I get as much happiness out of holding it as owning it.)

I’m going with time…but only if it isn’t dictated by a nursing baby. I want to do with it as I please with not a second thought of anyone else…Selfish? Yes? But only in words…

8. Lauren's mom Said on:

Lauren, you are so like your mom! I am definitely a time person.