beer0

Beverage Pond

August 11, 2013

Lloyd

When Lauren says, “I don’t want to make a post.” I answer, “Me neither.” Then she tells me that I have to anyway. After that I look through my phone to see what I have pictures of. She says that that (whatever it is) is too old to post about. I post about it anyway, because: what can she do about it? Write her own post?

We were in Seward over the 4th of July (because the family reunion wasn’t). If you haven’t seen it before, I present: The Beverage Pond

Oh the places we'll go.

, ,

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

14 Responses to “Beverage Pond”

1. Lauren Said on:

Thank you, Lloyd.

Everyone should note that the beverage pond shown is pre-water and ice.

Were the sodas not in yet, or were they on the bottom?

I LOVE the name….The Beverage Pond!

So Lauren…what do you mean by pre-water? Water & ice go into the Beverage Pond? I’m sorry I don’t know how it works. All drinks in 1st, then_____________________?

Yeah, I think it’s something like this, but I have it written down for next year. I’m just to lazy to look. First all of the soda goes in. All of the soda is in cans, and none of the beer is in cans, so you know generally what you’re grabbing when you stick your arm in.

Then comes the beer. We are a little more careful with the beer because of all the glass. It’s important to spread the beers out so that it’s harder/easier to find something that you like. Most people will only try a couple of times before giving up and just drinking what they get.

Then enough water to cover all of the beverages, then ice on top of that. Brad has some nice pictures of the quantity of ice. That was from five years ago.

Which beverage was the most popular???

5. Curt Said on:

I was amazed at the verity of beers in there. Glad to see quality beers too. Too bad I can’t drink any. 🙁

• Curt Said on:

:'(

Why can’t you drink any? Have you told me this story and I’ve already forgotten?

• Curt Said on:

I am allergic to something in beer, all types and brands of beer. One swig of beer can give me a mild reaction. It sucks. People have suggested taking allergy medicine beforehand but I haven’t tried it yet.

We had a lot of beer left over this time. That really hasn’t happened before. I’m not sure what happened. I bought a lot of variety packs and most of the rest was from 6-packs. I would guess that there were two dozen varieties of beer. I used to get more varieties of soda too, but that gets expensive for no good reason, so we stuck with the basic sodas at the cheap 4th pf July prices.

6. Gretchen Said on:

What kind of container is that? Something from Tractor Supply? How deep was it?